Motor Vehicle Recall Database NHTSA
Motor Vehicle Recall Database
|Link to site||www.nhtsa.gov/|
|[.mil] required for access||No|
NHTSA offers more safety information based on a vehicle's year, make and model. Check safety ratings, recommended technologies and other safety issues. Every vehicle has a unique VIN. Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall.
- A vehicle with a repaired safety recall. If your vehicle has no unrepaired recalls, you will see the message: "0 Unrepaired recalls associated with this VIN"
- Manufacturer customer service or other nonsafety recall campaign
- International vehicles
- There may be a delay with very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified. VINs are added continuously so please check regularly.
- Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage)
- Safety recalls conducted by small vehicle manufacturers, including some ultra-luxury brands and specialty applications