DLA HMIRS Next Gen
HMIRS Next Gen is the central repository for Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for the United States Government military services and civil agencies.
Access to DLA Amps (look for AMPS in LogTool) is required to use HMIRS. After AMPS approval, ask for a HMIRS role.
HMIRS NextGen is the central repository for Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for the United States Government military services and civil agencies. It also contains value-added information input by the service/agency focal points. This value-added data includes HAZCOM warning labels and transportation information.
- Is the central repository for information on hazardous materials used by the Department of Defense (DOD)
- Was implemented in 2002 as a replacement to the Hazardous Material Information System (HMIS), so it contains data from January 1985 forward
- Is an automated system that contains:
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) as of 1 June 2015
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS) Labels
- Product Records
- Government unique value-added data comprised of:
- Transportation data
- Logistics data
- Hazard Characteristic Code (HCC)
- the ability to create an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliant GHS label
The DODI 6050.05 provides instruction for the United States (U.S.) Government and civil agencies to maintain product hazard information on hazardous materials that are procured and to maintain the documents indefinitely. Currently, there are more than 500,000 records in HMIRS.
HMIRS has been updated now to HMIRS Next Gen. Access is requested through AMPS. Users need to ensure their AMPS supervisor and security manager email are correct as they both must approve the account before it's activated.
blog comments powered by